Questions and Answers overview
Whether you are a person in need of an abortion, a journalist or just curious about our service, here are some frequently asked questions.
Everything you need to know about how to use abortion pills
Every question has a simple answer and a more in-depth answer which refers to scientific articles. The information given here is regularly updated with the latest scientific research.
- How to find out if you are pregnant & how far along you are?
- Ungayenza i-abortion ngeepilisi xa uneenyanga ezingaphi ukhulelwe?
- Kungenzeka ntoni ukuba uthe wenza I abortion ngeepilisi emva kweeveki eziliShumi zokuqala?
- Kokwenzekani ukuba uthe wathatha lamayeza ube ungakhulelwanga?
- What are hCG levels during pregnancy?
- What if you have a RH - bloodtype?
- When should you not use the medicines?
- Yintoni I contraindication kwaye uzazi njani xa unayo?
- Yintoni I ectopic pregnancy kwaye ungazazi njani ukuba unayo?
- What is an IUD?
- Kutheni kungamelanga ukuba ube wedwa xa usenza I abortion ngeepilisi kwaye kungenzeka ntoni ukuba uthe waqhubekeka wayenza?
- Kutheni kubalulekile ukuba ube kumgama nje weyure ukusuka esibhedlele okanye kwindawo yoncedo lokuqala xa usenza I abortion?
- What painkillers can you use?
- How to abort with the abortion pills?
- Are there other ways to use the Misoprostol?
- What happens if you do not use Misoprostol in time?
- What if you take the Mifepristone and then decide not to take the Misoprostol?
- Can you use Mifepristone and Misoprostol if you are still breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to have an abortion with pills if you've already had one in the past?
- Can you eat or drink while you are taking the medicines?
- Why you only need 4 tablets misoprostol 24 hours after using Mifepristone
- When will you start bleeding and how long will it last?
- What if you don’t bleed after you use the medications?
- Can you see the products of the abortion (placenta, embryo, blood) and what should you do with them?
- What are the side effects of the medicines?
- What is a successful abortion and how do you know you've had one?
- What are the symptoms of allergic reaction?
- How do you know if you have complications and what should you do?
- How do you know if you have a post-abortion infection?
- How do you know if you have an incomplete abortion?
- What is a curettage/vacuum aspiration and is it necessary after an abortion with pills?
- How do you know if you have a continuing pregnancy?
- What are the chances that the fetus will be malformed if you have an ongoing pregnancy?
- Do you need to have an ultrasound after doing an abortion with pills?
- Do you require psychological counseling after you have had an abortion?
- Does medical abortion increase the risk of breast cancer?
- Will you be able to get pregnant and have children after an abortion with pills?
- When can you start to have sexual relations again after having a abortion with pills?
- When can you get pregnant again after having a abortion with pills?
- Khetha indlela yokucwangcisa inzala
Below you can find all the sources used for our Questions and Answers section. By exploring these sources, you can find the scientific studies and articles that further explain and support the information and services that we provide at Women on Web